Upserve's 2020 State of the Restaurant Industry Report
The restaurant industry is ever-evolving and changing, but nothing could have prepared restaurant owners and operators for 2020.
Upserve assessed trends from our 10,000+ restaurant customers to find out what menu items are most popular with guests online and in-person, and what these trends indicate for the restaurant industry in 2021. Plus, get advice from the owners and managers of 11 restaurants, bars, and breweries who managed to increase their sales up to 188% in 2020 despite the pandemic.
In this State of the Restaurant Industry Report you’ll find:
2020 Menu Trends
- The most popular dishes for in-house dining and online ordering
- How popular items vary depending on restaurant type
- Menu trends from James Beard Award-winning restaurants
2020 Sales Trends
- How do restaurant sales in 2020 stack up by top cities and restaurant type?
- US tipping trends for 2020
- Holiday dining trends that could make or break your weekly sales
How Restaurants Increased Sales up to 188% During COVID-19
We spoke to 10 hospitality professionals who managed to beat the odds and were able to meet or exceed their 2019 sales numbers. Learn how they adapted their business models, updated their marketing techniques, and looked for new opportunities at every turn.
What Trends Will Restaurants See in 2021?
Learn what has changed and what will remain the same in the hospitality industry in terms of guest experience, online ordering, menus, and more.